Pest Bird Removal Methods
We use various methods to rid your premises of pest birds. Among these methods are Stainless Steel Spikes, Stealth Netting, AVI Strand Wire, Perimeter Roof Proofing, Electric Shock Track Systems, Baiting Programs and Shooting. Call Forensic Pest Control today on 1300 360 457.
STAINLESS STEEL SPIKES
Having stainless steel spikes in place will prevent birds from being able to sit on whichever surface the spikes were placed on. We use either screws or adhesive glue, which enables us to install these spikes on almost any surface like business signage, beams, lights, pipes, ledges, security cameras and any other place they may try to find a foothold.
The spikes are made from stainless steel so they can withstand even the worst weather conditions. They come in different sizes and can be curved or cut to suit the architectural design of any building.
This netting earned the name ‘stealth’ because it is almost undetectable to even the human eye once it has been installed. It is available in various colors and sizes and is made of very thin, strong strands of polyethylene twine, making it very strong and highly resistant to ultraviolet rays. Once stealth netting is in place, it covers roof tops, car parks, garages, loading docks and almost any building to make it impossible for pest birds to gain access.
AVI STRAND WIRE
When you need to deter pest birds without affecting the aesthetics of your building, you need AVI Strand Wire. It is virtually invisible from the ground so it will not spoil the look of your building.AVI Strand Wire is a stainless steel post and wire system that can be used effectively to deter larger birds like pigeons. It can be secured to most surfaces, using UV stable post support bases. If needed, we also use custom made edge saver stainless steel brackets.
PERIMETER ROOF PROOFING
By proofing the perimeter of the roof, pest birds and even rodents find it impossible to gain access to your building via the roof.This proofing is made from aluminium and has a powder coat finish which can be done to suit the color of your roof. It is strong and will not warp or burn. This is the most compatible protection against pest birds for all roofing types.This proofing is not only good to deter birds. It also helps keep your gutters clean and free from leaves and debris. When applied to the lip of the gutter, the other side is placed over the first and under the second tile, thus covering the gutter and stopping debris from getting into it. For a metal roof, it will be fastened to the roof by saddle clips.
ELECTRIC SHOCK TRACK SYSTEMS
One of the most effective deterrents against all bird species, is the Electric Shock Track System. It is made from PVC and stainless steel and will not be harmed by UV rays. The track is available in different colors and is very flexible so it can be adapted to the design of any building you need it on. It is only ¼ inch high and can’t be seen from the ground looking up.Based on the principal of ‘fright and flight’, it conditions the bird to start avoiding the area in which it was frightened by the electric shock.The track should not be used in areas that are accessible to pedestrians.
Where there is a large population of pest birds, traps are used. The traps are available in different sizes to make provision for different sized birds.The traps are set in places birds roost or feed and are checked every 24 hours. Initially birds are fed on untreated grain in a secluded area. Once their confidence is gained, they are fed a grain that has been treated with a narcotic substance. This enables easy capture of the birds. Birds that are caught in these traps are euthanized according to government regulations.
National Parks & Wildlife always has to give a permit before a baiting program can be initiated.
The baiting method works very well where a specific pest bird is being targeted.
There are times and situations when shooting is the quickest and most efficient way of getting rid of pest birds. When the situation requires it, Forensic Pest Management Services is Government licensed to use air rifles to remove pest birds in built-up areas like warehouses, factories, shopping centers and schools.
Call Forensic Pest Management Services today to book an appointment and rid your property in Sydney of pest birds once and for all.
If you are in Sydney and are looking for Bird Control, then call the leaders at Forensic Pest Control. We provide bird control and as well as other pest control services.
Solar Panel Bird Proofing Sydney
Birds Nesting Under Solar Panels
Birds nesting or Pigeons under Solar panels throughout Sydney is on the rise. Solar Panels provide the best protection for birds as the gap between your solar panels and the roof allows the birds to roost and build their nests whilst being protected from the weather. Unfortunately birds under solar panels pose many dangers and health risks for the home owner.
Reasons to Protect your Solar Panels:
- Bird faeces are extremely corrosive which can cause damage to your solar panels, roof and gutters.
- Built up bird faeces and nesting materials on your solar panels reduces their overall efficiency to work.
- Nesting materials and bird faeces accumulating under the Solar Panels blocks the overall free flow of water to be able to run down into your gutters. Gutters also become blocked and damaged causing in house water leaks.
- Birds, Bird faeces and their nests are full of bird lice and they also attract other pests such as cockroaches you do not want bird lice or cockroaches entering into your home.
What does our Solar Panel Bird Proofing System Offer:
- 100% protection Guaranteed from not only Pigeons but all bird species.
- Prior to the installation of your Solar Panel bird proofing all birds, nesting materials and their Faeces are removed.
- A bacterial agent specifically for bird Faeces can be applied to rid the harmful bacteria left from the toxic bird Faeces.
- Inspection of roof is carried out to ensure there are no birds nesting within the roof cavity.
- A Galvanised mesh is custom made to fit your solar panels. Galvanised Mesh is used to ensure adequate ventilation for the Solar Panels as well as providing an overall durable product. The Galvanised mesh also offers a very low visual impact to your roof and solar panel system when viewed from the ground up.
- Our system does not void your Solar Panel warranty or damage your Solar Panels as we do not drill, screw or glue any of our products to your solar panels.
- The Galvanised mesh is attached to your solar panels using our clip locking system.
- Any future maintenance or repairs to your solar panel system has been considered. Our Solar panel bird proofing system can be easily removed and reinstalled to allow access in the future.
- We are so confident in our workmanship that we will offer you a 5 year Guarantee.
Are you having problems with birds nesting under your solar panels ?
We can stop birds from going under your solar panels 100% Guaranteed.