The termite menace is something that doesn’t seem to wane and these pests end up causing a lot of damage because they bore into the wooden features on your property and impact its structural integrity. Termites are very silent creatures and since you can’t really see or hear them, they can cause a great deal of damage before you actually notice that they even exist on your property.
The other aspect to keep in view is that termite damage isn’t covered by most insurance
companies and this means you have to pay for fixing the damage and replacing any features that are damaged beyond repair. While you can get termite control in Sydney to get rid of these pests that have infested your property, it’s far better to opt f or pre-construction termite services.
Pre-Construction Chemical Treatment
There are a number of treatments and methods that are used in the pre-construction stages, to prevent termite infestations on a property, including:
- The soil will be treated with insecticides before the slab placement. This becomes the chemical barrier that prevents termites from approaching the structure.
- The sides and bottom of the excavation will have to be treated using chemical products before the foundation work starts.
- At the point where slabs on grade have to be built, holes would have to be made in the earth all around the structure. These holes will be filled with chemicals
- The pipe bedding space should also be filled with chemical products
- Special anti-termite chemicals will be used to treat spaces in the structure where any wooden installations such as doors, cabinets etc. are going to be placed
Some termite control tips
Even if pre-construction termite treatment has been used while building your home, it’s important that you take some regular preventive measures to ensure that termites don’t attack your home. The things you can do are:
- Ensure the gutters and drains are clog and leak-free. Termites are always attracted to moisture and the drier your home and its surrounding areas are, fewer the chances of termites building their nests there.
- Don’t keep any firewood stacked close to the foundation and structure of your home.
- Ensure that all dead wood and decaying or rotting tree trunks are cleared from your property.
- Fill all cracks and crevices in the foundation of your home.
- Trim away all the tree branches that mat be growing very close to your house’s structure
- You can call us for termite inspections for your existing home or any property you are planning to buy.
If you have noticed any termite infestation on your property, or even if you suspect there might be one, call us for expert termite control solutions. We at Forensic Pest Control provide excellent, customised residential and commercial termite control solutions. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.