Silverfish are extremely resilient creatures that can easily survive for 12 months without any food. However, when they do find something to eat, they will gorge on just about anything they find and make up for all those months of not consuming any food. They will happily eat almost any kind of paper or fabric; ranging from your most coveted photo albums, to kids’ soft toys, leather jackets and shoes and more.
Silverfish in your home
Silverfish are able to easily survive in most types of climates; however, they prefer to live in moist and dark spots with moderate temperature and basements, attics, bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms become their favourite haunts. You can commonly find these insects under bathtubs and sinks, on closets and in bookcases as well as tracks of sliding windows and doors, storerooms, garages etc.
Silverfish eat fungi, mould, glue, shampoos, soaps, dead insects, linen, and anything that has carbohydrates such as sugar, cellulose and starch. In some cases, they may also find their way into unopened food packages.
Since they are very active at night, you may not even realise you have a silverfish problem until you notice the damage caused to your favourite things. Even then it becomes difficult to identify what has caused the damage as you can’t really see these creatures since they are quite elusive. If you spot any silverfish in your home, don’t delay in calling us at Forensic Pest Control to tackle the problem.
We are one of the leading companies in this space and can provide excellent Silverfish control solutions to commercial and residential clients across Sydney. It’s even better to request a pest inspection to make sure that there is no problem. In case any infestation is identified, it can be rectified before it’s too late.
Customised silverfish solutions
We understand that every property is different and so the solutions we provide are always customised to our client’s needs, and:
- We offer excellent silverfish control and pest inspection solutions and will carry out the job in a meticulous and methodical manner.
- Our technicians will check every nook and cranny of your home where these creatures can live and breed, and will ensure they are eliminated in case there is any infestation.
- We use safe an environmentally-friendly products that are gentle yet effective in exterminating these pests.
- We are prompt with our services and our professionals work efficiently to ensure that you don’t have to deal with a silverfish problem.
- Our company provides guarantees for our work and in case the problem persists even after we have completed the treatment, we will visit your property again and make sure the problem is addressed till you are fully satisfied with the job.
If you find any signs of a silverfish infestation, don’t delay in calling in experts like the ones at Forensic Pest Control .We provide the best services at the most competitive rates. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries