There is a significant amount of evidence proving that different types of cockroaches have been present on earth for over 300 million years; and they are one of our planet’s oldest insect groups and the most common as well. Because of amount of time they have been around, they are also considered to be one of the most resilient groups of living creatures on earth.
It is exactly this resilience that makes them a homeowner’s nightmare and extremely difficult to control. We at Forensic Pest Control have handled a large number of cockroach control projects for residential and commercial customers. Not only do we have the right technology and tools to deal with these pesky creatures, but have the experience to identify and eradicate even the most severe cockroach infestations.
Understanding why cockroaches survive
Cockroaches have a number of innate characteristics that help make them the ultimate survivors, such as:
- Adaptability– These are highly adaptive creatures and can adjust to climatic changes, earth and air changes and more.
- Diet- These pests will eat just about anything; but they generally prefer food sources that include sweet, starch grease and meat. They aren’t too choosy however; and will happily consume leather, hair, glue, the starch from book bindings, beer and cheese as well. They will also feed on decaying animal and plant organic matter, flakes of dried skin and wallpapers and stamps as the glue in these products have starch in them.
- Size- Because these creatures are so small and agile, they can easily squeeze their bodies into the smallest and narrowest of cracks and crevices; they are commonly known to build large colonies behind walls, under stoves, kitchen cabinets and refrigerators etc. They can easily get into and breed inside electronic equipment, baseboards, under carpets, in the folds of curtains, and behind pictures.
- Nocturnal- Cockroaches spend the daytime hiding in dark, and secluded spots and only venture out after dark in search of food and water. This is one of the primary reasons why people fail to notice a cockroach infestation until it has gotten out of control.
- Reproduction- Cockroaches eggs look like capsules that they either carefully place at a safe spot; or they may also carry these capsules around. Each of these capsules can easily contain up to 40 eggs and cockroaches can produce up to 400 offspring annually, depending on the species.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to understand why cockroaches are so difficult to eradicate. If you have noticed any signs of a cockroach infestation on your property, simply contact us without delay. We are the experts that can handle all types of pest control tasks and provide iron-clad guarantees for our work.
We also conduct detailed follow up inspections and can address any new infestations that may have erupted over time. For all types of pest control solutions, call Forensic Pest Control on -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.