German cockroaches are found in almost all countries across the world where there is human habitation. These nocturnal creatures are found in places where they can get shelter and food. Research indicates that these pests can survive in colder temperatures. Adult German cockroaches are light brown or tan in colour and have dark brown stripes on their body.
There are a number of reasons that make it very difficult to eliminate German cockroaches and our experts at Forensic Pest Control have put together some helpful information on the subject:
- Reproduce at a very rapid pace– These cockroaches breed very quickly. A female German cockroach lays egg capsules, each of which can hold up to at least 48 eggs. In her lifetime she can produce at least 8 such capsules which amounts to almost 384 offspring from one cockroach alone in a matter of 20-30 weeks. It’s easy to understand why cockroach populations grow at such a rapid pace.
- No natural predators– We maintain hygiene in our homes in an effort to keep German cockroaches at bay; but these pests don’t have too many natural predators apart from house lizards. This means there isn’t much to stop their communities from growing exponentially.
- Immune to commonly used pesticides– Cockroaches are known to be extremely resilient and have managed to develop amazing immunity to various pesticides used by pest control companies. This is also why you find it isn’t easy to eliminate these creatures from your home when you use store-bought pesticides.
- Survival tactics- German cockroaches are not only tough and hardy, but they can also easily survive without any food or water for 12- 18 days. It’s also why they sometimes won’t venture near the bait you have spread in different areas of your home.
Some steps to take
While it’s difficult to get rid of German cockroaches, it isn’t entirely impossible. Here are some ways in which you can eliminate these creatures:
- Maintain cleanliness in your home- This is one of the most basic things to do. Cockroaches are attracted to all the food remnants they find lying around your kitchen and home. If you remove their food sources that can become a deterrent for them to live in your home.
- Remove water sources- You should make it a point to keep all the areas of your kitchen free of water once you are done using them. While they can survive for up to 18 days without food and water, if you eliminate their water sources that will compel them to move away from your home.
Opt for professional pest control services
If you find there is a German cockroach problem on your property, feel free to call us with your requirement today. We are the experts that can provide excellent cockroach control solutions using very effective and proven pesticides. We provide custom regular and preventive pest control solutions. For all types of pest control solutions, call Forensic Pest Control on -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries.