There are hundreds of different types of cockroaches in Australia and across the world too. But German cockroaches are some of the most dreaded species. These are small brown cockroaches that have two stripes running down the back of their head. This is one of the commonest pests found in Australian homes and some of the most difficult to get rid of too.
German cockroaches- some facts
- Their scientific name is Blatella germanica
- They range in size from around 1.1cm-1.6 cm in length
- They are largely nocturnal creatures and it’s rare to find them moving around in the daytime
- They prefer living and hiding in dark and damp places
- These cockroaches have very flat bodies and this allows them to hide in the narrowest of crevices
- German cockroaches generally venture out of their hiding places only in search of food and water
- This species is always found where there is human inhabitation because they find food shelter and water in buildings.
- These are very fast breeders that can form large colonies within a very short span of time.
- They can live almost anywhere and also live in electronic gadgets, kitchen appliances, behind dishwashers, spaces in walls, behind cabinets, under carpeting etc.
One of the primary reasons why German cockroach infestations are so common in Sydney is because they are extremely fast breeders compared to most other cockroach species. Their populations reach alarming proportions within a very short period of time. As a matter of fact, the female has a lifespan of only 20 weeks, but in that period of time, she can end up giving birth to almost 35,000 cockroaches.
If you find there is a cockroach infestation your property, do not delay in calling Forensic Pest Control . We are one of the most reputed pest control companies in the region and can handle all types of pest control jobs for you. We have the technology, trainimg, knowlhow and experience to tackle even the most severe German cockroach infestation on your property.
Cost-effective pest control
We are extremely profesional in our approach to our work and provide customised solutions that are right inm line with our client’s needs. While we provide the best services, we maintain very resonable pricing. This helps ensure you get value for money. We also provide guarantees for our work which means we focus on doing the work right the first time around.
In case of very severe infestations, more than one visit may be required to get rid of the entire cockroach population. We don’t just treat all the visible spots, but also make sure that the nooks and crannies and other common cockroach hiding spots aretrated in each visit. This helps in getting rid of the adult cockrocahes as well as any cockroaches that have recently hatched between treatments.
We provide excellent regular and preventive pest control solutions. For all types of pest control solutions, call Forensic Pest Control on -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will revert within the shortest possible time.