Like many other pests, mice are attracted to the water, shelter and food they find in homes and many commercial establishments. This is exactly why you may find there is a larger ‘incidence of mice on your property during the cooler months. While most people can’t stand rats and mice, there are some who find them adorable, with their beady eyes and aren’t too bothered if they see one scurrying around their home or office space. However, the truth is that mice are a menace and you shouldn’t let their tiny size or cute demeanour fool you. The experts at Forensic Pest Control have put together some useful information for you.
Take a look at why mice are harmful:
- They spread diseases to humans through their urine/droppings. They spread illnesses that can sometimes lead to death via parasitic creatures such as intestinal worms and fleas
- Cause significant damage to foods, books, upholstery, skirting boards and doors etc
- Contaminate food and spoil it with their fur/urine/droppings
Signs that you have mice on your property
- You see mice droppings around your property- these droppings are around 3-6mm in length and they have pointed ends
- There are rub marks along walls and other vertical features in your home- these are caused when mice run their bodies along these surfaces
- You notice burrows around the periphery of your home or in your garden or yard
- Sometimes you hear scurrying and squeaking sounds
- You chance upon a “nest” made rags and paper or cardboard scraps
- At times mice may gnaw through wiring insulation. While rats are more likely to do this, mice can also cause damage to the electrical wiring in your home
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the indoor and outdoor areas of your home
- Bait stations will be set up at different points on your property
- Specially-designed traps will also be placed at different points.
- At times we use rodent tracking powders to identify the routes the mice are using ; and we then set up traps or baits along these spots
Things you should do to keep a mice infestation at bay
- Maintain cleanliness in your home
- Keep all food in air-tight containers or in the refrigerator
- Ensure there is no leaky plumbing on your property as water and moisture attracts mice
- Clear all the clutter in the indoor and outdoor areas of your property
- Do not store any firewood along the exterior walls of your home
- Seal all entry points and mice-proof your home by installing screen doors and windows. Seal all holes and block all other spots where mice may be able to gain entry
We at Forensic Pest Control provide excellent, custom solutions for mice control in Sydney, based on whether we are providing residential/commercial pest control. In addition to mice control, we also handle every other type of pest infestation, provide you the best solutions at the most competitive pricing. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.