Everyone knows that termites are extremely destructive creatures and they cause widespread damage to the wooden features on a property. What makes the problem worse is that these pests are very tiny and very silent and people don’t notice the presence of these pests on their property till the issue gets out of hand. By that time, the infestation may have spread to various parts of your property.
While an experienced and expert company like Forensic Pest Control would be able to tackle the problem expertly, it would take multiple visits and treatments to ensure that your home is free of these pests. Here are some facts that will help you understand a little more about these pests and signs of a termite infestation:
- Many people refer to termites as “white ants” and think they belong to the ant family. This is a myth and it’s incorrect to call them ants. In terms of a species, termites are classified in the cockroach family.
- The other misconception is that termites are able to eat their way through concrete. This is a fallacy and what people are actually talking about is that these tiny creatures are crawling through miniature cracks and crevices in the concrete. While it may seem like they are eating their way through the concrete, this is incorrect.
- If forests or trees are removed and the land is prepared for any new development, it doesn’t destroy the termites. In fact, this activity displaces these pests and when the homes/buildings eventually get built, they migrate there and make their home on those properties.
- Some people feel that if their home has been built on a concrete slab, it’s safe and that it won’t be attacked by termites. This isn’t entirely correct either- and every structure has a certain amount of timber in the construction. And as mentioned earlier, termites can crawl through tiny cracks in the concrete and will eventually find their way into the timber features.
- The other fact is that termite colonies can be quite widespread. The primary nest can be in one spot and there could be secondary nests in other parts of the property. Sometimes the latter could be on your land while the main nest may actually be on your neighbour’s property.
Signs that you have termites
If you notice mud-tubes on the walls in your home or find that the timber structures on your property sound hollow when you knock on them, there is a possibility you have a termite infestation. It’s best to call in termite control professionals to inspect the property without delay.
We at Forensic Pest Control are one of the most reputed companies in the field and have the experience and the resources to tackle all types of pest control jobs, in the most expert manner. If you have noticed any signs of termites in or around your home, just give us a call for our specialised Termite Control treatment. You can request a quote via this form or send us your queries via this online form. We are the spider control experts and handle all other types of pest control jobs as well.