Most homeowners have had to deal with pest infestations at some time or the other. And once pests make themselves comfortable in your home, it can be quite difficult (sometimes almost impossible), to get rid of them. In most instances FYI pest control methods aren’t effective in getting rid of these pests. The only way to eliminate a severe pest infestation is to hire expert professionals like the ones at Forensic Pest Control.
While we are able to tackle even the most stubborn pest infestations, we always recommend to our customers that they take certain measures to prevent the pests from infesting their property. Here are some tips that will help reduce the incidence of pests and bugs in your home:
- Don’t eat in every room in your house– Its best to restrict eating to the dining and kitchen spaces. The fewer the crumbs and food remnants, the less the chances of a pest infestation.
- Maintain hygiene – It’s important that you either vacuum or sweep the floors every single day. Food crumbs should be removed quickly; that will prevent bugs from coming into your home, as they will have nothing to feast on.
- Wash dishes before going to bed– Dirty dishes on the kitchen counters or in the sink act like a magnet for pests. Cockroaches live in drains and if they find a ready meal in the form of leftover food anywhere in the kitchen, they will be inclined to living and breeding there. Make it a point to wash the dishes every day before you retire for the night and wipe down the sink as well.
- Store foods properly– Ensure that you store all foods in airtight containers and put them away either in the refrigerator or cabinets. This includes packaged foods like cereals etc. as rats and mice can easily gnaw through the boxes to get to the food inside.
- Clean all garbage containers– It’s important to wash down the outsides and the insides of all the recycling and trash cans on a monthly basis. If you notice they are dirty or smelly, you should clean them more often as these can harbour different types of pests.
- Keep garbage covered– Always fit the lid down tight on trash cans. This keeps the foul odours in and ensures that pests don’t get into the bins.
- Store all firewood outside– Never store any firewood in your home. Bugs use this as harbourage and even when you stack it right up against the exterior walls of your home, they can easily live and breed there. Termites can infest this wood and find easy entry into your home. This is why it’s best to store the wood away from your home structure.
If you have noticed any pest infestation on your property, or even if you suspect there might be any, call us for expert pest control solutions. We at Forensic Pest Control provide customised residential and commercial pest control solutions. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.