No matter how clean your home or commercial establishment is, there are times when pest infestations erupt. At times these infestations are evident while at others, you don’t even know they exist till they become very severe. Pests such as rats, mice and cockroaches are a menace, and in most instances you will notice their existence on your property.
These pests are largely nocturnal and you may not actually see rats and mice scurrying around the house, but you might see the damage they have caused to furniture, food packaging in the kitchen or other items. You may also notice their droppings at different places in your home or may hear scurrying/scratching sounds at night.
The silent pests
Contrastingly, there are some pests such as termites and bed bugs that are much more discreet. Not only are they tiny in size, but they are noiseless too. Termites can cause a great deal of damage before you notice their existence on your property. In fact, most people have to spend large amounts of money to get rid of these pests only because by the time they realise that they have termites, the infestation has become pretty widespread and the critters have caused extensive damage to the wooden features on their property.
Bed bugs are a nuisance too; they don’t really cause damage to any features in your house, but can give you sleepless nights. They breed at a steady pace, love to live and breed in warm spaces and will come out at night, once you are in bed and feed on your blood. They aren’t really disease-carriers but their bites can give people with sensitive skin, a rash. They breed in mattresses, bed springs, chinks in the headboard, the night stand, in the folds of curtains as well as under carpets and behind photo frames. Once they make themselves comfortable in your home, they won’t think of leaving.
Tips to keep pests away from your property
No matter what kind of pest infestation there is in your home, you would want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Call in the pest control professionals to tackle the issue. The best way to deal with pests is to prevent them from making your home, their home; here are some tips that can help:
- Keep your home clean and clutter free. When there is clutter, it gives pests more space to hide and breed
- Ensure that all the food containers in your kitchen are sealed tight and don’t leave any food scraps lying around
- Ensure that all the garbage cans are tightly shut
- Clean up the yard and don’t let any wood mulch etc. be left lying around the periphery of your home
- Opt for pest control maintenance plans. As part of these plans, the pest control professionals will come in on a regular basis and conduct checks on your property. If they see any incidence of pests, that will be treated without delay. This prevents the spread of the infestation
If you feel that there may be any type of pest infestation in your home, do speak with the experts at Forensic Pest Control. Call us at this number- 1300 360 457 or contact us through this online form .