Household pests have a way of encroaching upon your premises via various entry points. And once a pest enters your home and finds it to be an ideal place for food and shelter, it will build its nest and start breeding there. It doesn’t take long for pest infestations to get out of hand and that’s when it becomes very difficult to eliminate these from your property. The best way to stop this from occurring is to take some preventive measures. The experts at Forensic Pest Control suggest you follow these pointers:
- Limit the spaces where you and your family eat; its best to ensure that eating be restricted to the kitchen and dining areas. When fewer spaces are exposed to food residue and crumbs, lesser is the risk of a pest infestation.
- Clean your flooring every single day- you can either vacuum or clean it. The objective is to remove the residue and crumbs quickly as the pests won’t be attracted to all the mess.
- Tackle all spills without delay. Just as a messy floor can be an open invitation to pests, liquid spills in the kitchen become an attraction point for bugs. While doing so, move nearby appliances and clean under them too; this helps ensure the spill is completely clean.
- Never keep dirty dishes lying in the kitchen sink. Once you have washed all the dishes, ensure that all the dish water is drained completely and that you wipe down the sink.
- Clear the drains and ensure that all slow-moving drains are properly cleaned and cleared. Most pests venture indoors in search of water.
- It’s also important to repair all leaky plumbing in the kitchen and bathroom areas of your house.
- Just as its vital that you keep the kitchen areas clean, its equally important that you keep all the jars, boxes and bottles in the pantry clean as well. Any a residue of sweet foods like honey, peanut butter, jams and syrup are a major bug attractant.
- Store all food items properly in air-tight containers. Even all the frequently-used foods such as pastas, cereal as well as pet foods should all be fully-resealable containers.
- Watch out for fruits or vegetables that are anywhere close to spoiling; ripe fruits tend to attract fruit flies, ants and other pests.
- Dirty clothes also attract pests and its best to clean clothes before you store them.
- It’s also a good idea to store clothes in sealed containers, and that helps prevent an infestation.
- Outdoor spaces
- Don’t store any wood in your garage and don’t stack it up against the exterior walls of your home either, as these become harborage for pests.
- Prune all the foliage near your house; branches of trees, shrubs as well as flowerbeds that touch your home’s structure become additional entry points for pests. Trimming these back helps reduce the risk of a pest infestation.
If you find the incidence of any pests in the indoor or outdoor areas of your home, call Forensic Pest Control without delay. We provide customised residential and commercial pest control solutions. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.