The Best Way to Deal with a Spider Infestation
Spiders are one of the most common pests that you can find in your house. There are many indicators that you may need the assistance of a professional Spider Control Sydney expert. You may be dealing with a spider infestation if you spot these signs:
- Spider webs around your home.
- Small burrows and holes in the gardens around your house
- Other insects and pests that spiders may use as a food source
- Eggs and silk sacs on webs that are fixed on the surfaces of your house
- Check moist spaces like basements as such an environment is suitable for them
Spiders typically inhabit small dark spaces or areas where there is little to disturb them such as in attics, or at the junctions where the walls meet the ceiling
Spider Control- Why Is It Important?
They are most active during autumn when the temperature cools down as it is their mating season. Typically, most breeds of spiders are harmless and actually prove to be useful as they prey upon other insects present in your home and somewhat manage pest control. However, there are a few venomous species that are extremely dangerous and can be deadly. This is when you need to hire professionals like the ones at Forensic Pest Control. Some of these deadly species include:
- The Funnel-Web Spider– Known for its aggressiveness, this is one of the world’s deadliest spider and should be left undisturbed. This spider can be identified by its large black body and long front fangs.
- Australian Red- Back Spider- This spider is known for its excruciating bite and is fatal to very young children and the elderly. The spider can be identified by its black body & red markings on its back.
- The White- Tail Spider- this spider bite can cause swelling and severe pain all around the bite spot. However, this isn’t really deadly unless the person develops an allergic reaction to its venom.
The white-tail spider – This spider can cause severe swelling and pain around the bite area but isn’t deadly unless the victim suffers an allergic reaction to the venom. This spider can be identified by its elongated abdomen and tiny white spot on its back.
How To Prevent A Spider Infestation
There are various methods to prevent a spider infestation in your house such as:
- Vacuum all floors regularly. Clean areas behind the cupboard and large pieces of furniture.
- Fill in the gaps and creases in the walls around your home. This will prevent them from entering your home.
- Keep your house clean from clutter in outside areas that are close to your home. Check in places like firewood and heaps of compost.
- Remove all sorts of pests from your house. This will eliminate the spider’s main food source.
For cost-effective and professional Spider Control Sydney, contact us today. For more information about our expert pest control services, call Forensic Pest Control at 1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will call back shortly.