Sydney is notorious for pests like cockroaches. These creatures live in all areas of our homes- behind the fridge, inside appliances, or scuttling around in garbage cans or piles of paper. While they do infest houses and apartment buildings in the suburbs, high-density city areas are more susceptible to cockroach infestations.
Most people reach for cockroach sprays when they see the incidence of these pests in their homes. But this is just a temporary solution. The fact is that cockroaches are extremely resilient and reclusive. They build nests in difficult to reach areas and breed at a very fast pace, adding to the problem.
Professional cockroach control services
The one way to make sure that the problem doesn’t get out of control and cause hygiene and health problems is to call in the cockroach control experts at Forensic Pest Control. Here is some more information about these creatures and how best you can deal with them:
- The German cockroach is one of the commonest household cockroaches.
- It is small, tan/medium-brown in colour, with 2 distinctive dark bands that run along the upper section of its back.
- It thrives in moist and humid conditions and prefers living in dark and dingy spaces.
- Since there are so many apartment buildings coming up in Sydney, the projection is that there will also be a significant rise in the German cockroach population in the city. This is because of the more intensive living arrangements in major cities.
- This species of cockroach lives and breeds primarily around apartment buildings because most people make the mistake of spraying them with regular fly sprays. This spreads the pests throughout the apartment, and they also start to migrate to the adjacent apartments that have shared walls and start nesting in those homes.
- As mentioned earlier, German cockroaches breed rapidly and it doesn’t take long for an infestation to get out of hand.
- A single female lays up to 100,000 eggs in just one year.
- They eat almost anything such as food scraps, litter, and just about anything that’s lying around in your kitchen or other areas of your home.
- High-density places like apartment buildings have a larger number of kitchens very close together, and many pantries which makes them the perfect place for cockroaches to nest and breed in.
Preventative pest control
Cleanliness is an important aspect of keeping cockroaches at bay. But having a spotlessly clean house doesn’t always mean you’re never going to have to deal with a cockroach problem. The best way to tackle the issue is to opt for our preventative pest control solutions. These services are built to pinpoint problem areas and potential pest infestations including cockroaches. We provide excellent, tailor-made solutions to help tackle existing infestations and prevent future ones
For cost-effective, efficient and professional cockroach control solutions, contact us today. For more information call Forensic Pest Control at 1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will call back shortly.