Signs that you have a Silverfish Infestation
Silverfish are small nocturnal insects that move extremely fast. They are most likely to be found in dark corners. Most times an infestation might go unnoticed, allowing these insects to breed and grow in numbers very rapidly. We at Forensic Pest Control provide excellent services for the removal of Silverfish. There are a number of signs that indicate a silverfish infestation.
- Homeowners usually detect these insects on bathroom floors, sinks, laundries. However they cannot climb up drains. They fall into washbasins and cannot find a way up.
- These insects breed on roofs voids or subfloors and you may see them crawling around in these spaces.
- A silverfish’s eating habits is the best way to identify an infestation. You will find your clothing chewed on and tiny holes on boxes with yellow stains around the damage.
How to prevent a silverfish infestation
While a silverfish infestation could be difficult to prevent there are a number of ways that you could limit them from breeding in your household.
- Keeping dust and dirt to a minimum in your surroundings would cut off the silverfish from their food source.
- Vacuuming your entire house especially the corners and dark spaces will prove to be a huge help in eliminating their numbers. Once you are done vacuuming, empty the bag and dispose its contents in a sealed bag.
- Clean up all food particles scattered on the floor.
- Store all edibles in tight sealed containers to prevent them from being infested.
- Silverfish survive in almost any environment, however they prefer areas with high humidity levels. You can make a huge difference if you control the humidity in your surroundings. By fixing leaked pipes, improving ventilation, installing dehumidifiers, fans, air-conditioning, in kitchen and other damp places in your house can prevent silverfish infestations.
Why hire professionals?
DIY pest control may seem effective on the outset, however it isn’t a permanent solution. Silverfish continue breeding in areas that you are unaware of or might have forgotten. Most of these DIY remedies are effective only for a brief period of time. However, it is a much better option to hire professional pest control companies for silverfish control. There are a number of benefits to hiring our services.
- Expert and experienced professionals will be deployed in the work
- When you opt for our services you can be assured that we will come at the designated time.
- We cover all areas of your property that might have been infested.
- Our team performs all services in an efficient and professional way.
- We use environmental friendly products in silverfish pest control
- We provide cost-effective services and guarantee for our work.
We adopt a customized approach in all our services and ensure that we provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. For cost-effective and professional silverfish control services, contact us today. For more information about our expert pest control services, call Forensic Pest Control at 1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will call back shortly.