In this two part series the team at Forensic Pest Control are going to look at rats – The risks of having rats in and around your property or business, the signs to look out for and how to control or deal with a problem.
A lot of people like rats and think they are quite cute – but pest rats are dangerous to both your health and property! Unfortunately rats have become quite use to living with humans and sharing our food and our homes – that doesn’t mean you have to put up with it!
Don’t let rats get out of control!
The Sydney pest control team from Forensic Pest Control has put together a list of the risks of having rats around.
- If you have a rat problem – especially if you own a food business you run the risk of rats eating and then contaminating food with their urine and feces
- A lot of people are scared of or just don’t like rats, so seeing them around your home or business can be frightening
- Rats gnaw and this can cause considerable damage if left unattended – building, equipment, machinery, books and furniture can be damaged. Rats will also chew through electrical cables, this can cause short-circuits and even electrical fires.
- Rats are food for snakes – if you have rats it may attract snakes which can then be a danger to you, your family and your pets.
- Rats spread diseases which can be transmitted through scratching and biting, urine and faeces or through other parasites like fleas.
- Baits used for killing rodents are unfortunately attractive to other animals – including your family pets and they can be just as dangerous to them.
- If you own a business you need to keep a clean work environment for your staff and visitors
- A major infestation of rodents could see your business closed down and your reputation ruined.
Next time the Sydney pest control teams at Forensic Pest Control discuss what you need to look for and how to deal with a rat infestation.