For the next two weeks Forensic Pest Control is going to look in more detail at one of the most common household pests – Ants
Sydney pest control knows that ants are a huge inconvenience in any home – from crawling through your sugar bowl to annoying you during your backyard BBQ or party. Ants can also cause nasty bites. Forensic Pest Control is happy to tell you that ants are a problem that is solvable – but sometimes it can be difficult.
Ants actually belong to the same species of bugs as wasps and bees. They are social and highly organised insects that have colonies that contain hundreds or thousands of individuals.
The biggest challenge to controlling ants is knowing what species you have and this is where Sydney pest control comes in – they know how to identify the ants and this is the only way to solve the problem.
There are some risks involved with having ants in or around your home – including
- Some species of ants can inflict a very nasty and painful bite and some ants can inflict an anaphylactic reaction, just as can occur with bee and wasp stings.
- Ants can actually be carriers of some pretty nasty diseases including – smallpox and dysentery or bacteria’s like salmonella.
- Ants – especially in large numbers can be a headache – they can spoil food and even damage products. If their numbers increase and really get out of hand they can get into your appliances and turn your life upside down.
- Depending on the species of ant and the size of the colony ants can even nest inside walls, roof voids and electrical equipment, while others nest under paved areas or in and around gardens, this can lead to soil subsidence. Sydney pest control by Forensic Pest Control can actually help preserve the value of your property.
- Unfortunately ants are very social insects and adaptable. This means they can actually breed quite rapidly….. just when you thought they had all gone, they are back again.