Importance Of Termite Prevention Services
The best way of controlling termites before the can do any damage is to arrange for regular termite inspections. Termite activity is at its highest during spring and late summer, so getting inspections done during these times is most beneficial. Another weapon against termites is keeping the edges of your house clear of clutter. Termites find these places to be perfect hiding grounds and keeping the clutter away is a great way to prevent termite infestations.
Having a professional inspect your house once or twice a year is the best way to ensure that your house isn’t infected by termites. If you do find any termite activity in your house, it is best not to try any DIY pest control, and call a professional to deal with them safely. We at Forensic Pest Control provide customised termite control solutions.
Facts about termite infestation
- Every year more houses are destroyed by termites rather than fires and storms combined
- 1 in every 3 houses suffers from active termite activity.
- Most insurance companies do not cover termite damage.
People feel that termites only attack timber; however, it is proven can steel and brick structures are also vulnerable to termite attacks. Termites live in colonies that vary in number from hundreds to hundreds of thousands or at times even millions. This is why it is extremely important to focus on preventive measures to prevent termites from destroying your property. There are many preventive termite control solutions such as:
- Pre-penetration termite protection– One of the best methods to prevent a termite infestation is via installation of pipe penetration collars. These collars are available in different sizes and act as a barrier to stop termites from attacking your property through drain pipes.
- Term-seal URA-Fen shield- It is a sheet that acts as a barrier; these sheets are installed in buildings during the construction process. It provides protection against termites as well as moisture and dampness. These sheets are made from a polyolefin sheet with an active matrix sheet.
In addition to these, owners of many new buildings prefer “built-in” termite treatment. A termiticide-treated layer of soil surrounding the building. This form a barrier around the building to prevent it from an infestation. Another useful method of dealing with termites is by using termidor dust. This dust can be applied near their colonies. Termites picked up the dust and carry it to their colonies. It is another useful method to get rid of termites.
Custom termite control solutions
We are a licenced and insured company that takes its business seriously. We use environmentally-friendly products in our services. We also carry out follow up visits to ensure that the termite colonies are completely destroyed. Our company consists of highly experienced professionals that understand every bit of how to get rid of termites in the best possible way.
For cost-effective and professional termite control services, contact us today. For more information about our expert pest control services, call Forensic Pest Control at 1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will call back shortly.