Termite infestations are difficult to detect and these pests can breed at a very rapid pace within a very short time. We at Forensic Pest Control always recommend that commercial and residential property owners opt for preventive termite control. As part of these services, our personnel will visit your property at pre-decided intervals; inspect all the indoor and the outdoor areas to identify whether there is any potential termite threat.
If any signs of a termite infestation are found, the spaces can be treated quickly; this quick action prevents the spread of the infestation and protects your property from the damage these pests cause. However, if you have noticed any signs of termites in your home and have called in professionals to deal with the problem, there are certain preparatory steps you would have to follow before the personnel come in to treat the spaces. Based on whether they will be using fumigation or injection treatments, the “prep” you would have to do is as follows:
- Insecticide Treatment
The termite control specialists will drill holes in different areas of the flooring and will inject the special insecticide into it. When this treatment is being done:
- You will have to vacate the property for a large part of the day.
- The furniture, appliances and stored materials will have to be moved at least three feet away from the walls.
- If the closet spaces are being treated, all the clothing and items will have to be removed from these spaces as the dust gets released into the air, when the holes are being drilled.
A gas is used to eradicate the termites from the property and you would have to:
- Stay out of the house for 4 days.
- After that, the structure would have to be aired for at least 12 hours.
- Remove pets, fish tanks etc. for the same duration of time.
- Remove all the food and medicines from your home; you can also pack them in fume bags if the pest control provider has them.
- Trim any plants that are growing along the exterior walls of your home as the personnel will have to fumigate these areas as well.
- Encase all pillows and box springs and mattresses in waterproof coverings. If you have infant mattresses, that will have to be packed in these coverings too.
These preparatory steps are extremely important for the safety of the people and pets living in your home. The pest control company will tell you when the space is safe for occupancy after the fumigation. They will also inform you about how these areas should be cleaned before you actually move into the house again.
We at Forensic Pest Control provide customised residential and commercial pest control solutions. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries. We provide guarantees for our work and ensure the work is completed to your 100% satisfaction.