Fleas are small, wingless creatures that are shiny and reddish brown in colour. These parasites suck blood from the host. They are generally present on pets including cats, dogs, and rabbits. A flea has 6 long legs, allowing it to jump very deftly from one host to the other.
These annoying insects live off the blood of different birds and mammals. The hosts can suffer various allergic reactions to the flea’s saliva; this could result in inflammation and itching that can last several weeks. Flea infestations can also result in hair loss if your pet scratches and bites their skin frequently.
Problems caused by flea infestations
- They make your living surroundings venomous
- These creatures can contaminate food products
- Flea bites can create very severe infections
- Fleas carry toxic chemicals that can be life-threatening for humans.
- They can cause various health hazards such as Tungiasis, Murine Typhus, and
- Fleas that live off rodents carry Yersinia Pestis; this bacterium causes the Bubonic plague
- They can also result in allergic reactions in pets
- Chigger fleas cause Tungiasis, that can do very serious damage to the feet; the female of this species burrows into the feet and they breed there
It is challenging to get rid of fleas but it isn’t impossible. You just need to contact experts like the ones at Forensic Pest Control
Our flea control solutions
We follow a very methodical approach to flea control:
- Through a visual inspection, our personnel will conduct a thorough sweep of the exterior and indoor spaces of your property.
- They will treat and spray all the exterior areas of your property using high grade, non-toxic flea control products.
- They will also apply dust treatment on infested areas such as roofing, subfloor, cracks, and
- We use special bait that only commercial, licensed pest control professionals have access to. These products deliver the best flea control results.
- Once the job is complete, our technicians will suggest some simple changes for long-term solutions that will help you prevent future flea infestations.
Why DIY flea control isn’t such a great idea
Using over the counter flea control products won’t give you the desired results and and it’s best to hire expert and experienced professionals like us for the job. As mentioned earlier, we use the best commercial, non-toxic flea control products and the latest techniques in our work. We will complete all the flea control work in line with Australian Standards and provide guarantees for our work as well. This means if the infestation returns within a certain timeframe, we will provide the treatment for free and ensure elimination of these pests from your property.
In addition to flea infestations, we also provide pest control treatments for cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, silverfish, termites, wasps, bees and more. For cost-effective, efficient and professional rodent control solutions, contact us today. For more information call Forensic Pest Control at 1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send queries and we will call back shortly.