As Sydney moves quickly into warmer weather, this means increased revenue for commercial businesses across the city and the rest of Australia. Unfortunately, Spring and Summer also bring an increase of pests into commercial properties, making it extremely important for businesses to stay on top of their commercial pest control. According to Wikipedia, Pest control refers to the regulation or management of a species defined as a pest, usually because it is perceived to be detrimental to a person’s health, the ecology or the economy. Forensic Pest provides commercial pest control, as well as industrial and residential pest control services to properties across Sydney, giving you peace of mind for the coming months.
According to Small Business Perfection, an infestation of pests can happen anywhere including industrial and commercial institutions. In fact, this is a very common problem experienced by many hospitals, hotels, office and government buildings, schools, restaurants and food production sites. When insects are infesting the vicinity, the normal business operations in the area are negatively affected and should always be avoided. In order to avoid negative circumstances in your place of business, there is a need for a good commercial or industrial pest control company to be practiced on a regular basis.
One reason that most commercial businesses prefer to have a professional pest control company is the need to keep a healthy and clean business environment at all times. Besides, it would not be a good thing to try to maintain a business in settings that are unclean. If you see flies, rats, cockroaches and other pests within the business establishment premises, a potential customer or client will lose interest in pursuing it as an investment. Which is why it is important to contact Forensic Pest if you detect any signs of commercial pest control problems. Along with this, there are some measures you can take to prevent pests entering your commercial property to being with.
So how do you keep pests out of your commercial property? Take a look at these preventative strategies from the blogcritic at avoiding a commercial pest infestation.
- Encourage Employees to Keep a Clean Workstation
- Remove Water Sources
- Watch Your Fruit
- Do the Dishes
- Check Office Plants
- Clean Your Perimeter
- Keep all garbage in a sealed dumpster or container away from the office wall
- Clean your gutters
- Clean outdoor eating areas regularly to remove crumbs and leftovers that will attract pests.
If you have had previous commercial pest control problems, or know the area your business is located is prone to certain pests, such as rodents and cockroaches, take a look below at specific preventative measures for different pests.
Australia has a large number of rodents, and unfortunately these can often be found in your commercial property. According to the Business Insider, there are some preventative measures you can put in place specifically for rodents. If you do find signs of rodents, be sure to call a professional pest control service, such as Forensic Pest. Check out the tips from the Business Insider for preventing rodents entering your building:
- Store items in boxes and plastic sealed containers, rather than cardboard boxes. This means taking a look through storage areas and assessing your storage methods.
- Be sure to inform staff to keep food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Install screens over chimney vents and openings.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the building, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the premises.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around basement foundation and windows.
- Install gutters or diverts to channel water away from your property.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the property and five feet off the ground.
- Inspect wires, insulation and walls for any signs of gnaw marks.
- If you find rodent feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe other signs of an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional.
Cockroaches become a huge problem in Australia over Spring and Summer, which is why it is good to have preventative measures in place to ensure your commercial property is free from pest infestations. Take a look at the measures below suggested by US-based site Angieâ€™s List:
- Control clutter. This will help to eliminate hiding spots for the roaches, and make it easier to spot them.
- Eliminate the food source. Clean up crumbs and spills as soon as they occur. Make sure all food packages are properly discarded and removed. Keep food items sealed in airtight containers.
- Place bait traps in areas where cockroaches hide. Roaches love to hide underneath furniture and appliances and inside cupboards.
- Use a vacuum to remove cockroaches and their droppings and then place in a plastic bag to dispose.
If you have any concerns or queries about commercial pest control, be sure to call Forensic Pest.