Today Forensic Pest Control want to look at Cockroaches, the pest control in Sydney team hope you’ll find this 2 part article informative and interesting as we learn more about this all too common house pest.
Most of us have seen cockroaches in our lives, along with spiders and ants they are a very common household pest and there are a staggering 3,500 different species of cockroach throughout the world…… the good news is that only about 5 or 6 different varieties are found in homes and businesses.
Most species of cockroaches feed on vegetables; however for those cockroaches living in your home or business, they are scavengers and will eat almost anything. Many species are active of a night and depending on the species they will hide during the day in undisturbed warm and dark places – cracks and crevices, in storm water drains, retaining walls and behind heating equipment.
What are the risks with having a cockroach infestation?
- Cockroaches spread rapidly so every home and business is at risk of an infestation. They are great hitch-hikers and flyers and just about any organic matter is food for cockroaches
- Cockroaches carry disease- causing bacteria – spreading gastroenteritis, diarrhea, and salmonella and other diseases
- Cockroaches can actually be responsible for asthmatic reactions and children and the elderly prone to bronchial ailments can react to the discarded *skin* of cockroaches when they molt
- Cockroaches are very active breeders and just a few cockroaches can turn into a large number in just a few weeks. If you continually see cockroaches around it’s a good sign they are breeding nearby – you should call Forensic Pest Control for help in dealing with the problem
For business owners
- Pest control in Sydney is a must – you need to have a healthy work environment for your employees and customers
- A cockroach infestation can cause major damage to your products and in turn give your business a bad name.
Next week – our pest control team in Sydney discuss what to look for and how to deal with it.