Mice can easily become a menace within a very short while. These pests may look small, but they are a nuisance and damage furniture as well as various other belongings. They defile the environment in and around your property with their droppings and urine and are carriers of diseases.
This is why it’s important to call a reliable company like Forensic Pest Control for customised Pest Control Services to get rid of them before the infestation gets out of hand. Containing it before it becomes severe is the best way to prevent a full-blown mice infestation.
Some Facts About Mice
Let’s take a closer look at why mice become such a problem:
- Not easy to spot nesting areas– Mice tend to build their nests in any dark and quiet spot on your property and it is quite difficult to identify where these places. Though you may use certain DIY methods to get rid of the mice, that only helps get rid of the ones that are out in the open areas on your property. Any mice that stay hidden in their nests will survive and continue to breed very steadily.
- They are everywhere– Mice can live in urban, suburban as well as rural areas and create as much of havoc everywhere they go.
- They are tiny – Their small size and the fact that they can easily squeeze through the tiniest of openings makes it very easy to gain access to the indoor spaces of your home. Even if you focus on blocking the larger and more conspicuous entry points, they can still easily enter through holes around plumbing and wiring.
- Many hiding places – Since they are so small, they can easily find many hiding places on your property. And so, they can nest and breed in attics basements, kitchens, pantries, gardens, eaves, under stair cabinets, behind furniture, in air-conditioning ducts etc. in fact, if there is a lot of clutter under your bed or in your closet, they can easily build their nests there as well.
- Fast breeders– These pests breed very rapidly. Once they find areas where they have easy access to food and water and, they will end up building their nests and build colonies there. A female mouse typically has between 5 and 10 litters per year with every litter having between 3 and 14 mice. As you can see, they multiply at a very rapid pace and it doesn’t take long for a mice infestation to get out of hand.
- They are quiet– Mice aren’t like rats and they don’t make as much noise as the latter do. Since they are smaller as well, you miss the signs of their existence on your property which makes it even easier for the infestation to spread quickly.
As mentioned at the start, its best to get preventive mice control in time. For more information about our preventive pest control solutions, call us at Forensic Pest Control without delay. We provide the best services at the most competitive rates. For any additional details, the number to call is -1300 360 457. This online form can be used to send across queries.