One of the worst pests you can have in your house is rats and mice. This is where rodent control Sydney is vitally important. The most common rat is the Norway Rat and unfortunately they are great climbers and they are found in dark areas where food is available – around bird cages, chicken coops, dog/cat bowls etc and during the colder months – winter and autumn you may find some rats coming inside a home looking for warmth and food. The house mouse is the most common mouse found inside – they will eat practically anything and it will take a lot of effort and time to get them out of your house, especially without rodent control Sydney.
If you would like to keep rats and mice at bay, we have a few simple tips to share to help keep your home rodent free.
- Remove any bird feeders, while it’s nice to attract birds to your garden rats and mice love the seed too.
- Feed your pets inside your home, at set times keep food in sealed containers. Pet food has Vitamin K in it which heals rats and mice after they have eaten a bait.
- Rodents actually hoard dog food so don’t over feed your dog and remove uneaten food ASAP
- Empty garbage bins weekly and recycling bins fortnightly.
- If you have fruit trees pick up and throw out all the dropped fruit, shake the tree and if anything else falls pick it up.
- Remove any ground cover or bushes that are close to the base of your home.
- Remove clutter, rodents don’t like not having somewhere to hide or nest.
- Store bird seed etc in sealed plastic storage containers.
- Seal any holes around your home or garage or shed with mesh, steel wool or expanding foam – rodents can get through such small holes due to the occipital plate on their front skull.
- It can take 2 weeks to 2 months to completely treat your home.
If you have any questions or concerns Forensic Pest Control is here to help